Prototyping & Planning

This is one of the pages from my coursework which demonstrates the progress and development I have made to my ideas. Here, I have created a few prototypes that plays around with different dimensions and shapes, all to visualise and help me decide which design I want to move on with

After choosing upon the design of choice, I moved on to inputting accurate and consistent measurements as beforehand, I was just eyeballing as I just needed to get an idea of the shape. The measurement of the holes also needed some adjustments and rework as I wasn’t completely sure if realistically, the components will fit even if it may have on paper. Thus there were many trial and errors on the laser cutter to get the size right(using cardboard).

Once obtaining the right measurements, I made sure to jot down these numbers. I also went ahead and used a vernier calliper to measure the dimensions of the components. I would then use these new measurements that I have acquired to 3D model it on Fusion 360. The image below is an example of an orthographic drawing which illustrates the dimensions in a more presentable manner derived from the 3D modelling. These measurements will then later help me without any hesitation when creating the final product, using the actual materials.

Categories: DT