DJ CLUB!!!!

LO2  Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process

My first impression of the DJ club is that it is actually not that overwhelming as I thought it would be. I always felt kind of intimidated by the number of buttons and just things on the deck – the equipment DJ’s use to mix songs. However, there are really only a few buttons that are useful for basic functionality. Below is the diagram of a deck, the same model we use in school. It seems quite complicated but I have only used about 3-4 buttons on it and I can basically do what a DJ does, mix songs. The rest is rather a fancy extra to enhance and add a “flavour” to your mixing but this is something I can’t really start yet as I have just started.

My first few sessions so far have been great. I have spent some time practising in the activity to mix songs. One of the many challenges is definitely getting used to the timing and getting a smooth transition between 2 songs. This is going to be the skill that I am going to develop and hopefully master in the time spent in this activity.