Preparations are Kahaani (Kolkata GC’s annual dance-drama showcase, organised in order to raise funds for the children at Voice of Worlds NGO, Kolkata, India) are on, and everyone is quite on the edge of their seats as the performance will take place in end January.

Even though I am not performing during Kahaani, I will be working backstage, overseeing ticket sales, unpaid entries, and as a runner ( to usher dancers onto the stage at designated times). I have been a member of Kolkata GC for 2 years now, and as the finance officer, I have witnessed first hand how our the amount of money we raise, has increased over time. Kahaani is now a well known celebration that people across High School look forward to, and we now have the capacity to organise two shows instead of one. This year we are also organising food stalls during lunch time with the support of other GCs (like GEP), and having been given the responsibility to oversee this communication, I am excited to see the outcome of our Blind Tasting event.

Below is a screenshot of the brainstorming done for the collaboration of the Generation Education Period (GEP) service-group and Kolkata GC.

All in all, having grown up in Kolkata, I feel privileged that sitting in Singapore I am able to remain socially invested with the city I call my home.

CAS learning outcomes highlighted:

1. Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.
  2. Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.
  3. Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively.
  4. Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.