Final Reflection Session – Viva Voce

The main skill I developed while writing my Business Management EE was concise and precise writing. During the initial write-up, I struggled to focus on my RQ, what made the essay very descriptive. However, through adopting chains of analysis and evaluating my research, while constantly refining my paragraphs to create a succinct and effective argument, I was able to add depth to the discussion. Exceeding the word limit by 3000 words was a crucial step in my learning! This is a skill I can transfer to the work I do at university when studying Marketing.

While researching, I was surprised by the power of Apple iPhone’s brand loyalty, what led to a retained market leadership, despite Samsung Galaxy S8’s more significant innovation. This is something I would be interested in exploring further.

My advice to students who choose the same topic would be to include a variety of sources on market share, to ensure objectivity and accuracy in their conclusions. In addition, it is very important to present all financial and consumer perception findings in a visually clear manner, to avoid exceeding the word count.

(181 words)