Culturama – Reflection 2 #LO1

As I have mentioned repeatedly, this is the first time I have participated in an activity such as Culturama, and thus, it is of utmost essence that I recognise my strengths, weaknesses, and areas to improve. Although I am not necessarily the best at dancing, I am willing to improve. In addition, I tend to feel embarrassed or shy to dance in front of others. For this activity, it is essential to break this inhibition, which will take me out of my comfort zone. I have tried to avoid activities such as this before, but due to CAS requirements, I was required to participate in something such as this. It has allowed me to find out what strengths and weaknesses I have in the activity, but also helped me improve in certain skills, skills I would not know I have if I did not go out of my comfort zone.

After the first few weeks of this activity, I have definitely improved in the confidence levels I have with dancing around other people. In addition, with enough practice, I have been able to execute more challenging dancing steps, which is promising. The main event is approaching in a few weeks, and I am positively anxious and excited to participate in this activity.