My UWC Journey

Anuj

English HW – Anuj 2020

The importance of telling stories: Personally, I feel that telling stories is important as we are able to find meaning within the particular text. I feel that we write and tell stories to share our experiences and memories with other people who may find interest within it, for example: If I were to tell a story about a particular experience that I’ve had, maybe other people could relate to this experience. I feel that in most stories we recognize the patterns or something that we have felt as well which is why we share our experiences and stories with other people.

What makes a story worth telling/interesting: I feel that there are many aspects that make a story interesting, personally I believe that things we find interesting we tend to gravitate more towards since we have an interest in that particular subject. Within the news, I feel that people tend to gravitate towards things that happen more recently since we need to keep up to date on things that are happening.

The role journalists play in telling stories: The role of a journalist is to provide people with an unbiased opinion while also giving them 100% factual news. Fake news is a big problem and could lead people to find out incorrect information so by doing so people are not finding out the truth and story that may be told could have false information within it.

What you have noticed about story-telling in UWCSEA Perspectives and the feature articles: A lot of the stories about the UWCSEA perspectives give us bias information since they want to prioritize giving publicity about the school since they want people to come and join their school. But this bias is not a very bad thing as this is what most companies do in order to drive up their sales and increase the number of customers that buy their products. This kind of bias is ok since they are just promoting the good things about the school and are doing no wrong in the process.

I am most excited about how I will be able to hear a lot of interesting stories within the period of the writer’s fortnight since these are personal experiences that a lot of the speakers are willing to share with us.

Next Post

Previous Post