LO1-Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively

After several weeks of working on our Kahaani dance, my group’s performance is finally starting to come together! While I have enjoyed this experience very much so far, it has also been challenging for me at times. Kahaani is a dance showcase, and as I have mentioned in previous reflections, I have little experience with dance, unlike many of the other people in my dance. I struggled at several points in this process, as I found it difficult to keep up with other members of my group, and I found Kahaani very frustrating for the first few weeks. I found it difficult to remember the dance, and to perform it with confidence. However I found that I could make learning the dance easier for myself by breaking it into sections that I could remember, and enlisting the help of other members of the group to rehearse it with me.

Collaboration has been a very important part of Kahaani for me, as I relied heavily on the support of my dance leaders, Shawronna and Rene, and of the other members of my group. My personal skills and knowledge were not particularly useful in this activity, as I have little experience with this style of dance, but I saw the importance of group commitment and cooperation. We struggled with the absence of some members, including myself, and this was a challenge that was difficult to address, as there was no way to prevent outside circumstances from forcing members to miss rehearsals. Overall, I feel that the group’s camaraderie has been the key to our success so far, and will help us through the final weeks of rehearsal.