Yearbook: Struggles and New Learning

LO 2: Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process

Yearbook has been… hard. But I think that’s the best part about it.

The hardest part was the lack of cooperation from the other members of the teams (namely, journalism, marketing, photography, and marketing teams). It was hard for me to see people who didn’t share the same passion for me for the project. I know people have different passions for different things, but I still couldn’t help but want everyone to feel passionate about Yearbook. This meant when people didn’t pick up their slack, I and two other members (the ‘leaders’) were forced to pick up and jobs that weren’t exactly in our job description.

I, for examples, was set to designing yearbook templates on InDesign. I needed the help of tutorials, friends who took graphic design in GCSE and most of the time I was forced to learn by trial-and-error. It took long, but I eventually got the hang of it.

In the end, I was able to create designs at a quality we were happy with and able to use to:

a design I made for the boarding section of the yearbook

Though I came in with a little awareness of these skills, while this wasn’t my job, I’m glad I picked up a new skill in the process of Yearbook.

0 comments on “Yearbook: Struggles and New LearningAdd yours →