Service Exec: A Team (SERVICE)

• LO 1 Identifying own strengths and develop areas for personal growth

In the service executive, I learned how to work in a team because, simply, everything we did was as a team. By this, I mean that without each other we couldn’t accomplish anything. Everybody represents something different and something integral to the grand scheme of things.  However, sometimes working in a team you forgot your an individual and that you have your specific job to accomplish. At least this is what I learned.

My job is local and college service liaison and my job entails representing, in all scenarios, the needs of local and college services. However, one thing I realized was that I get so excited working in a team, I just want to help anyone and everyone I can.Sometimes means that I would do so at the risk of accomplishing my own job which was representing the needs of local and college services. I realized this when someone who was leading a discussion about the planning the Service Expo Was the person who was talking and representing the needs of local and call her Services when in fact that should be my job. Of course, I don’t blame them, in fact, it was a wake-up call for me to be more self-aware about what my job is and when and how I can represent the local and college services’ needs effectively.

And while this may be too negative or way of putting it, I think while I realize I need to be more self-aware of my own position it’s proved to me that I’m so excited by the mission as a whole that sometimes I lose myself.  I think this passion for the mission is definitely a strength cuz I think it translates into work. ethic and I hope to put this work ethic towards representing my services effectively.

0 comments on “Service Exec: A Team (SERVICE)Add yours →