2019/20 Football u19A #LO2

On November 10th 2019, I wore the Dragons shirt for the last time. 9 Long years I have fought for this team. I am blessed to have shared the stage with fellow dragons. As a senior, I leave the team with the hopes of seeing the young lads next year play with the same passion and pride. I love this team, I love this school, I love the dragons. Hand on heart, this whole journey is honestly a blessing in my life. Although the season didn’t end the way we wanted it to, I can’t express how proud I am of the boys who demonstrated such resilience against amazing teams. Each and every single one of you mean a lot to me. Thank you and Love you all.

Once a dragon, always a dragon. ❤️🐉

While this season was one of the toughest seasons I have ever played, for the first time in a long time I felt a cohesion where we all understood and valued each other. ACSIS was tough, 11-a-sides games which we didn’t train for, was always going to push us to our limits. Falling short for 3rd place in a 3-2 loss to GESS was not expected, let alone a feeling we wanted. Additionally, losing to 2-1 to dover at home in the Dragons friendship tournament in the final was also a major setback. But the worst feeling was losing 8-4 to dover at home during Friday Night Lights.

We had moments of brilliance, but we also had moments to forget. The whirlwind rollercoaster put us in place for SEASAC as underdogs. Once again, it was a tough competition, yet we managed to set up a tense the Semi-final against the favourites, Dover. We played with passion and flare, and went in leading 1-0 at half time. We just had to hold on for 20 minutes. However, luck for on Dover’s side as 2 sloppy chances were tucked away as they took the lead and won 4-2. It was unfortunate to be knocked out after such a fantastic performance. We may have left with 4th place, but we left knowing that we did our best, demonstrating learning outcome 2.

I would like to thank the coaches and players who have supported me throughout this 9 year journey and have also seen me grow as a player and person.

I love this sport and I look forward to carrying it on in university.