Peacehaven Centre Reflection #1

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively

We’ve visited the Bedok peace haven centre run by the salvation army two times now. It’s a day centre where the elderly are cared for: they engage in exercises to remain healthy, they are provided meals and medical assistance and most importantly, genuine support so that they do not experience loneliness.

So far, we have been planning activities that we want to conduct and have taken a tour of the space available to perform them. We have had engaged in conversation with their physiotherapist, Andrew and Stella (the centre manager). They were able to give us some valuable inputs about the people, their interests and the past experiences they have had with other students. Their advice enabled us to carry out more efficient planning. Everyone in the team is actively contributing, we all have ideas and have been able to point out shortcomings in our plan, thereby helping each other.

We completed this task in our service session, brainstormed and shortlisted numerous activities. I have taken up the responsibility of communications officer, I will be maintaining the portfolio of our service and will be in regular contact with the people in charge at the centre. I’m excited to go to the Peacehaven centre and for the sessions to come!

Posted in CAS