Select Page

I am an ambitious person, and of course, I will focus on school, but with the opportunities, I have been given, personal development is definitely on the same level of priority to me.

I auditioned for Culturama and got accepted into my first priority – tango from Argentina. This will count as my creativity and I am very excited to start it. Since the leaders live in the boarding house, I see them every day, which is a little weird to me. I am not used to knowing my teachers outside of the classroom, I would like to be more down-to-earth, even around people of authority, such as my teachers.

As for my activity, I got into Cuban Salsa Dance, which I am looking very very much forward to. I have not danced before, so it will definitely take me out of my comfort zone, but it will be good to challenge myself a little. I choose this activity because I am a big lover of the language, music, and the culture in general. I hope both the tango and salsa will make me more confident in myself, but also make me more confident in trying new things and being bad at them in the beginning.

As another activity, I have become a member of ifp (Initiative For Peace). This activity will, without a doubt, make me grow as a person. I will develop new skills, and get to know so many new passionate people. One of the things I am looking most forward to is to challenge peoples’ views and inspire them as well. I do not have that many concrete expectations for the activity, but I have very high hopes, and I do not think I will regret it.

I am a part of two services – one called Urban Gardening which is at the college, and I am a member of the environmental committee at the boarding house. I hope to get a break from my busy schedule, by rewinding in the college garden. I believe taking care of plants will give me new skills, and probably more patience than I have now. By being a part of the environmental committee, I want to make other people aware of the global problems we face at the moment, and I want to improve my collaboration skills. I believe both Urban Gardening and the committee will give me good opportunities for this goal.

Since I dropped by group 6 (the arts) of the IB, I choose my CAS to be a little playful and fun, I did not search for the greatest commitments, but that does not mean I will not engage and act passionately when it comes to my CAS. I have chosen these different things because I want to do them, and I want to develop as a person.