Select Page

So, I decided to sign up for softball pre-season. I joined two weeks late because I initially did not sign up, but then I saw the team play a couple of times and I really wanted to try it.

Because softball is not a thing in Denmark, I am a little intimidated, but I hope to overcome that fear. During breaks, back home we played a game called rundbold which directly translated means roundball: There would be three bases, spread out in a square without a bottom, and people would then split into two teams and either field or bat. It seems quite similar at first, but we play with a wooden bat and a tennis ball – and the rules are very different, so I have had a little experience, but I do not know how useful it is going to be for softball. Another thing on my mind is the fact that the other girls have probably played before, which means they will be really experienced and skilled. The girls will presumably put pressure on new players like me, but hopefully in an encouraging way, so I can improve faster.

For softball, I hope to meet new people and of course, develop new skills used for softball, but mostly I would like to try something new and get out of my comfort zone – doing sports with others or failing in front of others are two things I would like to loosen up a bit about. I aim for this to give me more confidence in failure and to make me more open to new things.