HS Yearbook

Being a part of the Yearbook team has been a unique and challenging experience. One of my goals this year was to take up more leadership roles as I believe that I have ideas that are worth listening to. In years past, I almost always took a backseat, observing instead of actively participating. And while observing and listening are important skills, I never attempted to take control myself. So this new role is my attempt at developing new skills and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

The yearbook team is unlike any of my other activities because of how truly student-led it is. Its magnitude is almost overwhelming, with big groups of students working in their own areas, such as Photography, Marketing, and Design. What I enjoy most is how, at the end of this experience, we will have come together to create something that represents every individual in High School.

However, we have a long way to go before we get there. As Head of Journalism, I have to ensure that every major event that occurs in this school is covered. This takes a lot of self-management and organization, skills that I will have to further develop. Alongside leadership, another skill that I have always shied away from is Communication. My responsibilities as part of the Yearbook Team will include finding and communicating with individuals within and outside the team, across grade levels. I have never been the best communicator, however, I aim to become better at it by participating in this activity.