My UWCSEA Learning Journey

My Portfolio

What has Lockdown Taught Me About Myself?

Topic: Has this time to reflect helped you understand yourself?

During lockdown, we have much more time to reflect and this has helped me think more about my own life and reflect back. I think that firstly, I have been able to notice my behaviour during a time like this and compare it to normal life. Before lockdown, I think that I used to go out every week at least once with friends or family and it was nothing I ever really cared or thought about much but now that we cannot leave out homes, I think that I have been more appreciative of being able to do so. But at the same time, when talking to my friends, I have been much better dealing with the lack of social interaction and increased time for myself.

For the first few weeks, I kind of wasted time doing things I felt like and being really lazy but I was able to realise that I need to be somewhat productive and I can get a lot out of this opportunity. So, I started focusing more on doing physical activity and trying out new things to try and find something that I like doing. I have been able to add more physical activity in my daily life and in my own time, I have done a good job of diverting my energy into small projects or tasks like learning Adobe After Effects or building my Photoshop skills.

I think that I have realised, even more, the importance of goal setting and I also think that I have been able to cope with the current situation well. But, as we continue to stay at home, I think that I need to find more things I am good at and work on planning skills to be able to make the most of my time.

seth17915@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg • May 31, 2020

Previous Post

Next Post