CAS Portfolio (Personal Training)

I have done personal training in the past, and I have enjoyed it quite a lot and that is why I decided to start it again this year. Some of my strengths (LO1) in personal training are that good at communicating with my trainer and letting her know what areas I need to work on on that particular day. This further helps us speed up the lesson and allows us to get more activities done in that particular time.  Collaboration (LO5) is also a big part of these training sessions alongside communication. This is important as it helps both my trainer and I stay on the same page and hence work towards my goals faster. Although, there are times were we undergo challenges (LO2). Sometimes, when I don’t feel well or even if I am very tired, I have to skip on my trainings or if I do go, I don’t have the energy to do my best. I can overcome this by planning ahead and changing my trainings to another day and another time possibly on the weekends. Some of the times, I have initiated the lessons by doing activities that are suitable for my body as I know what areas I mainly need to focus on. I have shown commitment and perseverance in these training sessions (LO4), as I come to lessons twice every week.

During the circuit breaker, I had 3 personal training sessions a week (either online or in person) and I maintained that throughout summer (LO4) and I was committed to it. Having training three times a week helped me stay active. Initially, when I first went back to training my stamina wasn’t as good as it used to be, and so for the first few sessions, I struggled and faced challenges (LO2). But, over the past few months I have gained back my stamina but also I have gotten stronger and throughout the process have been able to lose weight. These challenges were very useful because they helped me push myself to do something I normally wouldn’t do. I never used to do boxing but I started doing it during this time because it was a good form of cardio and helped me stay fit. Overall, I really enjoyed personal training and currently I am doing it twice a week to maintain my strength and cardio levels.

During school, personal training has been very useful in relieving stress. Grade 12 in specific has been very stressful especially with all the IAs, EE, and university applications going on at once. (LO1) I have learnt that through these sessions once or twice a week, I have been able to relax a little bit. Since I have been regular with my sessions (LO4), I have definitely seen progress and have seen improvements in different skills and different exercises. My boxing skills have improved from last year which is helpful and I really enjoy boxing so I am glad that I have indeed made significant progress. However, I am facing some challenges with by busy schedule sometimes I am too tired to go to training however I do push through regardless and show up to class (LO2).