2nd reflection

The best part of the project was doing research. Since we had to be professional in sustainability to diagnose her situation and give better suggestions, we had to do a lot of research during the process. By doing research, I could learn so much about sustainability and what needs to be changed in humans’ life to be sustainable.

The most challenging thing for me was finding suggestions for Mrs Toms. At first, after the interview with her, our group realised that she was already having quite sustainable lifestyle. However, as we did more research in depth and got advice from teachers, we learned that there are so many small habits that we weren’t aware of but can be altered to be more sustainable, such as using reusable bags instead of disposable bags.

I had to be creative when creating interview questions. We got paper with brief introduction of Ms Toms and she was already doing many things to be sustainable. Thus, instead of asking broad and common questions such as “Do you recycle?”, I had to come up with fresh, unexpected questions that could help us find some areas to give suggestions

In my team I was the most cooperative because I always discussed teammates on my new ideas and also reflected their ideas on my work.

One thought on “2nd reflection

1. Being a cooperative and collaborative member of the team is super important and it sounds like you worked well together to find the best solutions for Ms Toms. What might be some of the things you learned in this project that you could use elsewhere?