LO 2: Challenges and New Skills

LO 2 CHALLENGE (Undertaken new challenges)/NEW SKILLS (Developing new skills)

In ballet, there have been a number of challenges I have had to face. Ballet is a very demanding activity both physically and mentally because it has required me to be driven to keep working even when I am physically exhausted or unmotivated. Working towards my final Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) exam, Advanced 2, which is in April, I have had to do very technically demanding work that is sometimes very difficult for me. As well as this, after I injured my knee in May, I am still quite cautious with what I do, so I have to take risks and step out of my comfort zone. That is why I have had to work a lot with my teachers in order

Despite me having attempted to overcome my fear of doing certain steps, I am still unable to do some things. That is why am going to have to continue working with my teachers and peers so that I can gain confidence. In the future, I am going to have to be able to do all the steps in the syllabus well and without hesitation in order to do well in my exam. That is why it is so important that I continue working hard leading up to the exam in April. I have also taken on some more classes due to competitions I will be doing in June, so a challenge I will be facing is to balance my workload with the increased number of sessions.

Overall, I have been quite successful with overcoming challenges I have faced because I have gained a lot of confidence in what I do, and this will help me gain resilience in the future.