Andy’s Personal Statement

My name is Andy, and this is my personal statement. Grade 9 had been a fun year. I had always loved basketball, it is my favorite sport of all times. However I did not have time to join the basketball team back in Grade 8, but I took my chance in Grade 9 and joined. I have great fun there. We had routined training thrice a week, and also played tournaments around Singapore against other schools, even though we did not win every single match, I made lots of friends, which would not have been possible without  So, through basketball, I not only had a great time but also had more social opportunities.

The second highlight that I would like to mention is my Grade 9 end of year exam. I have never taken an actual exam, so this time is my first time taking an exam, and it is the real deal. I was a bit nervous at the start because I did not know how it is going to turn out. But as I sat down and started doing the papers, I realized it is actually not as hard as what I thought and the exam was actually not that ” scary” (PS: the air conditioner was super cold). Afterall, the exam went very smooth and my results were at least satisfactory.

As I am coming to the end of Grade 9, I hope Grade 10 will be as enjoyable as grade 9 for me.