Musical Showcase, 2nd reflection

It has been a few months into the musical showcase. With every rehearsal, I feel that I learned something new.

#LO1 Awareness: In the past months of musical showcase rehearsals, I have learned to be aware. Since I have multiple characters in the musical showcase (Pilate in Jesus Christ Superstar, Pharaoh in Aida, ensemble in The Wiz and Jane Eyre), I have to be very aware of the scene and music change, which can affect the whole cast’s smoothness in transitioning. Also, I have to be aware of myself and my position so the audience can have the best experience during the show.

#LO2 Challenge: Since this is my first musical experience, it is challenging as I need to learn to dance, act and sing at once. However, I found this extremely fun as art is something I am always passionate about. This is a step outside of my comfort zone, and I am adapting really well.

#LO3 Initiative: I have never been in a musical showcase before, even though I have been in choirs and drama productions, musicals are a completely different experience and a pure initiative for me! It is different from other types of performing arts, it combines drama, music, theatre and dance together. I am enjoying the experience and I am very glad that I took the initiative.

#LO5 Collaboration: In the musical showcase, we learned how to collaborate. It’s because musical showcase requires collaboration between the cast members, between the staff and the actors, and between actors and teachers. Collaboration is important, it’s because when we are acting, we have to establish the relationship between all of the fictional characters. Thus, a better sense of collaboration can improve the show’s overall transition as well as the emotional impact on the audience.

I look forward to our final performance in a few weeks!

One thought on “Musical Showcase, 2nd reflection

1. Very nice reflection, I like how you separated each learning outcome into different sections for organisation and I also like how you compared/contrasted new and old experiences. The only thing I would suggest (really minor) is to lessen the amount of learning outcome you talk about in your reflection as that would allow you to talk about each one more in depth. But that’s optional, good job.