The Notion of Outrospection

Having had read the article on What Can the Art World Do to Help Hurricane Victims in the Bahamas?’, it truly opened my perspective on the different ways artists can try to make a statement by using what they are best known for and make an immense impact.

From the mentioned article, I think that Tavares Strachan has definitely set a considerable example of how his career and ideas have contributed to aiding awareness and action to the affected areas of the Bahamas. In relation to the empathy continuum, I think that I would place myself in between compassion & empathy. The reason for this is because of my home country and how in the past it has gone through multiple natural disasters, ranging from earthquakes to tsunamis and etc. In those unfortunate events, as an individual who would call Indonesia her home, I would say that even in the affected areas (those that I have never visited or even lived in) where the disaster occurred, my family and I would’ve done anything that we possibly could have to help and get others involved in helping. Additionally, I understand how it is to have been alerted that a close place to the heart has been disrupted, and it just shows that for anyone who has a close connection to home but may not necessarily live there, could still make a difference.