Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

A continuing journey

At the beginning of the term, I decided to join the Green Umbrella global concern keeping in line with my passion for helping underprivileged children. I feel immensely happy to say that I have successfully completed 3 seasons of this magnificent Global Concern. Being involved in several initiatives such as the family day and the plastic press project, I believe that I have not only enjoyed this experience but also grown as a person.

Firstly, I have recognized the benefits of working collaboratively (LO5). Working with a team of 3 people to develop a prototype of a machine that can recycle plastic into plastic bricks has aided me in developing valuable skills of communication, collaboration, and management that is essential in sustaining this project.

To my happiness, I was also appointed the Vice Chair of Green Umbrella until the season 2 of next year. Keeping in line with this responsibility, I have also decided to go on project week to Green Umbrella to conduct an entrepreneurship camp and also, to further some of our long-lasting projects. With this, I also hope to deepen my understanding into some of the serious issues that plague the world around us (LO7). Although I have understood the issue of lacking education and facilities, I wish to see it first hand and understand how we, as responsible citizens, can aid these individuals in a path to create a better life for themselves. I look forward to this trip and other coming experiences with this GC along with the new and valuable skills that I would be developing in this enriching experience.

Next Post

Previous Post