Michael's Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

Reflective Conversation #1

I’ve always had a passion for finance which is why I have decided to do an EE on innovative sources of finance. I wanted to research more about these unconventional methods of sourcing finance and the impact of these methods on Businesses as I have a particular interest in innovation and being creative. In the future, I also want to be able to open my own business hopefully being able to incorporate these methods as well.  After discussing with my supervisor, I managed to have a more direct focus on what I needed to research such as the goals and motivations of the business to use unconventional methods to gather sources of finance.  I also have identified some anticipated difficulties such as information being limited as they may be confidential or having a robust knowledge on my topic of cryptocurrency as it is a relatively young industry.

Next Post

Previous Post

2 Comments

1. anya September 12, 2018

I really liked your analysis of the Obama video. You connected your analysis to the key ideas of Linguistic Convergence and Divergence and made comments on how this is a reflection of our culture, which I found very insightful. However, I didn’t exactly follow your point about how this leads to the depletion of racism. Nevertheless, I like how you mentioned specific quotes to highlight the argot that Obama used, and how you linked it to a bigger context of ‘comfort within communities and cultures.’
    Great job, Michael 🙂

2. Catherine March 29, 2019

Thanks for doing this promptly, Michael!