Post Culturama Reflection

We finished the Culturama Dance Showcase on the 4th of October 2018. After a month of hardwork, my group put on a Jamaican dance to celebrate the culture.

LO4- Show commitment to and perseverance in your CAS Experience.

The performance required a lot of practice and commitment in order to keep up with all the dance moves. SInce I had many other commitments taking place during the preparation month, I missed a few practices which required me to practice at home. This showed more commitment.

I also showed perseverance throughout this period as it was a lot of hard work and I had many commitments such as football and band etc, but I feel I pulled through…

LO5- Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.

The dance itself required skill in order to keep up with the moves. I also took part in the partner dance, so I was required to work collaboratively. As a group we also had to be synchronized and work collaboratively to make our performance look better.

I feel that working collaboratively not only improved my teamwork skills, but also helped me meet new people and form new relationships. In my opinion, working is a group is also a lot more fun, and an overall better experience than working on your own on something like this.

45812f64-8c9c-460a-b579-9337762857f1-to8t3r