Back to the Future! (PSE, not the movie)

1. What were some of the most interesting discoveries you made about yourself through the Myers Briggs and Holland Code tests? How has your planning for the future changed or stayed the same during this unit?

Before this unit, I wasn’t even aware of the fact that people could be grouped by a letter code, and that that letter code would determine some of your basic personality traits. Taking the test, I was determined to be an INFJ, and while I would place myself in that category, I believe that there is no true way to determine the personality of a person, as every single person on this planet (7 billion of us) is 100% unique in our own right. This unit has helped me with choosing criteria for future universities, such as how big, what courses to take, where its located, etc. I applied some of the things I learnt in this unit to the UAC meeting that I had with Mr Pat.

2. Name two or three important skills you learned about maintaining positive professional relationships and how will you use them in the future

While there is no specific thing which I have in the back of my mind, I do believe that most of the things that we did with the personal bank accounts and the such helped me understand how our relationships affect us mentally, and how much of an impact that actually has on the quality of a relationship

3. Thinking about your future 5, 10, or 15 years from now, what are some themes / aspects of life that you want to keep central to your planning? What are some key values that will drive your decision making?

While cliche, I would like to always work on being the best I can be in terms of my kindness and my relationship skills. Those are some of the most invaluable skills that a person can have, not only for the employment sector, but could come in useful when dealing with the complexity of a relationship. I’ll continue being commited, resilient, and enthusiastic for all future opportunities which come my way. Doing this, I’ll have an awesome outlook on life, rather than the drab routinary days some people might experience (especially job related!!!)

One thought on “Back to the Future! (PSE, not the movie)

1. pds says:

Daniel,
    Thanks for your thoughts and reflections. It is great to hear the the Meyers Briggs and Holland Code was your first exposure to personality tests. It is obvious that the Back to the Future unit provided some insight to help you in future planning.

Hope you have had a great break.

Pat