RC#3: Viva Voce Final Reflection Extended Essay

Personally, I would change the way I prioritised sources. I took to going to the National Library in Singapore as opposed to looking through school affiliated resources where I knew my needs would be more catered to. Additionally, because I already knew that the National Library’s book range was more oriental in its focus, I would have to the school library or Find online where I could look for more western-based sources. Had I done this, I would have come across the theory of identity politics more easily. This would have made my writing increasingly analytical which would have been beneficial to my language evaluation. However, the strategies that I used, including the analysis of information from various academic sources whose content and origin were credible, was useful as I was able to obtain suitable information for my task. Online research made it easier for me to ensure that the research was appropriate to my topic. The question of how the time period effected the way the propaganda was perceived, did emerge through the research process. This added to my argument regarding language manipulation and how different societal contexts effected the propaganda’s success.