Categories
CAS Reflections

CAS overall reflection

A year of CAS in Grade 11 has been rewarding and exciting. I have partaken in a myriad of activities that have developed my pre-existing skills whilst also learning new ones. I have developed my critical thinking, creativity and commitment to care through participating in a variety of activities. One highlight of the year was participating in the activity ‘Voices’ where I got to write and perform spoken word poetry advocating for action against gender based violence. Gaining involvement in this work helped me build on my creativity as I considered different creative approaches to honing my poetic skills and how best to represent the stories we were telling through the medium. In addition, I also promoted my resilience through summing up the confidence to perform the pieces for an audience of around 50. I faced some stage fright, but I came out of the experience feeling inspired by seeing the range of community who had gathered together to listen to our groups’ voices.

Furthermore, I have also developed my leadership through cultivating a community in my service Trashion where I am one of the main leaders. I showed my commitment to care through devoting time every Monday after school to listen to the group for ideas, communicate with the service office to coordinate events and also learn how to sew as our mission as a service was to promote slow fashion methods. Enhancing my ability to organize and collaborate through service positively impacted my interpersonal skills; I have become empowered and more confident through gaining opportunities to lead in school.

A final highlight was also dancing for Culturama and Kahaani to which I formed new friendships across High School through the power of collaboration whilst also learning more about new cultures.

I am grateful to have made new connections across campus through improving upon my outreach and collaboration whilst also developing my leadership skills through working on my organisation and creativity with brainstorming unique solutions to any issues encountered during service. Included above is a photo from before my group performance as part of Bersama during the Class of 2023 Graduation at the NUS Cultural Centre. It was a fantastic closure to my year of activities and service in school through culminating my hard work with other members of Bersama to present a thoughtful and gentle performance.