LO6 – Capturing East

My service this year is capturing east, which is currently ongoing. In capturing east, we interview staff in our school to find out more about their personal lives, then write an article about them and post it on our website. I think this relates to a global issue of improper recognition of work for staff members worldwide, and also relates to SGD 8 (Decent work and economic growth) as I think part of work being decent is recognition and respect. The work we do at Capturing East is one of the biggest ways that the staff in our school can get the recognition that they deserve for their hard work and also helps them build meaningful connections with the students. For example, I developed a connection with one of the security guards I interviewed: Cody, who is very friendly and kind and always says good morning to me in the mornings. Therefore, my involvement in Capturing East directly benefits the staff by drawing attention to the work that they do and giving them the deserved appreciation.