How can we help one another during coronavirus outbreak?

How has the coronavirus outbreak affected you and your friends, family and community?

The coronavirus has massively impacted my day to day life. With the new regulations in place, I am no longer able to socialise and interact with my friends the way I did before. At first, my friends and I found this hard to adapt to as we have never experienced anything like this before. Before the new regulations were put into place, I planned to go to Bangkok to visit my mother as she lives there. When my trip was cancelled and I had to stay in Singapore, I planned to spend time with my friends and revise for my exams like I would have done in Bangkok. However, my exams were cancelled and I was no longer allowed to go out to see my friends. Naturally, this left me questioning what I could do with all my free time. I came to the conclusion that all I could do was go on walks with my dog, spend time with my family at home and only go out if necessary. Initially, I was relieved that we only had to do online learning however over time I have learnt how draining and dull it is to spend every day at home with the same people. Coronavirus has taught me how important social interactions enhance my day to day life and how crucial it is to always have something to focus on, whether that is school, a hobby or anything else.

Have you participated in or observed acts of solidarity?

These past few weeks I have not left my house much and I haven’t met up with any of my friends. I would say everyone who is self isolating this way is playing a part in improving the Covid-19 situation. I have tried my best to do what I can as I want nothing more than to get back to my normal day to day routine