Yoga (Season 2)

CAS

LO4: Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.

Yoga was one of the new activities that I tried this year and I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying it. Finding motivation to exercise is quite challenging for me and I tend to make excuses not to do anything. By signing up for an activity with a time commitment, I managed to find motivation to consistently do yoga every week. I also signed up with a friend and we ended up pushing each other to go when the other didn’t feel like it. This was another key reason I was able to maintain my motivation and commitment.

The activity also helped me develop new relationships since the yoga group consists of many approachable and friendly people. I found myself growing quite comfortable with the people around me since everyone was incredibly kind and supportive as we developed our skills together. Despite everyone having different levels of mastery of yoga skills, we made sure no one was left behind. A lot of this was also due to the teachers incorporating different levels of yoga poses (beginner, intermediate, and advanced). As of now, I have lost a lot of the self-consciousness I originally had when I started the activity.

This safe environment, the friendships I made, and the physical progress I was making (e.g. becoming more flexible) really helped me strengthen resolve to continue to do yoga and start doing it outside of school as well.