Over the past 2 seasons, our primary focus was to finish the bags that was already started on from the previous year, and to try and increase the pace at which we were making our bags. We were also worried about the school community’s awareness about our service, as we did not have many sustained ways of distributing the bags. Because of this, we decided to create parent kits, designed to inform parents about our service, as well as help with our production of our bags. Within the service we managed to get a substantial number of bags finished, which we can start giving to the Boarding House soon. We also added some more resources to our padlet, which has increased our personal awareness on the plastic problem in the world.
For these next two seasons, our goals are this:
- Continued outreach to the wider school and local community
- This will be done through our parent kits, as we want to give the parents the opportunity to do what they want with the bags.
- Finding avenues within the school that can make use of our bags (eg. school shop, library).
- Possibly revisiting the idea of introducing our bags to hawker centers, but this is dependent on the continuation of COVID-19 restrictions easing up.
- Get officially recognized as an actual Boomerang Bags organization in Singapore.
- As the service has been around for some time, we would like to be recognized for our efforts, and to gain some credit for what we do in the service.
- We understand there have been issues in the past over this but we would like to be able to find a way around this so that this can be possible.
- Increase production of the bags within the service.
- Set up a system that enables the sewing of bags as efficiently as possible.
- Our hope is that by doing this, all the unfinished bags from last year will be finished by the end of this year.