First English ATL Reflection: 

In terms of Self-Management, this year I would like to focus on setting challenging goals for myself and pursuing them with optimism and enthusiasm. I look forward to reading fascinating and obscure literature, to represent womxn/queer voices that are rarely expressed in our current literary canon. I do have systems and schedules in place to get all work done and stay organised, such as my calendar, to-do list and drive folder.

When it comes to collaboration, I would very much like to become more attuned to my peers contributions and allow room for many ideas. In literature, there is no ‘correct’ method of interpretation for a text, and even believability for each interpretation is inherently subjective. In accordance with my goals for self-management, I would also like to hear the voices of my peers in the classroom.

Lastly, in Communication, I wish to become more aware of the consequences of my words, whether verbal or written. I would like to listen to understand, rather than listen to respond. I am an outspoken individual in English class, and reading is solace, but within a classroom setting, those things become double edged swords, and so in tandem with my collaboration goals I would like to help foster a respectful, encouraging environment (that I will also be a part of) within my English classroom.