In Voices for Refugees this half term, we’ve all been working in groups to create an informative visual presentation (video, poster, infographic, etc.) of different human rights crises around the world. My group and I delegated tasks to achieve the most output quickly, which has proven an effective collaboration strategy in the past. I discovered that by volunteering to take on the entirety of editing, I had put a lot of work upon myself. I know that I have always been an independent worker, but in the future perhaps it would be better to allow my teammates to help as well as obtain their feedback on the video.

I also have had experience researching in this issue before, having written a report on it last year, but I found that turning to a more visual form of presentation was refreshing and new, allowing me to present my already existing knowledge in a more engaging manner. My report was also more specifically focused on the Climate Refugee situation in Bangladesh, but this broader, more globally focused project allowed me to expand my knowledge further of the issue, as well as update myself on recent developments and action taken within the issue.

Here is the video! Thank you for watching!