CAS pre activity reflections: Urban Gardening

Service-

#LO1 (Awareness)- Urban Gardening propagation is an activity that I have participated in since Grade 9. During those 2 years, I have learned a lot about pronating plants and how to use urban spaces to benefit the community. I really enjoyed my previous experiences with this activity and am grateful that I have once again got the opportunity to participate in it. My goal for this year is to take a more leadership-oriented role and make my experience useful to others.

#LO3(Initiative)- With my previous experiences in this activity whether or not I am given a leadership role I hope to take initiative. My goals for this activity are to record and share our learnings, advice, and experiences with our community. I also hope that we will be able to track the plants we grow and understand the impact that it has on the campus. I feel understanding the value and impact of our actions can help us improve the service.

#LO4 (Commitment)- As this has been an activity I have been involved in for the past 2 years I think that my commitment towards this activity is clear.

#LO6 (Global Value)- As the world is becoming more urban and large land area of rainforest and farms are decreasing, using urban gardening as a solution to achieving global goals like food security and environmental responsibility is important. I hope that we are able to learn and teach the community about the benefits of urban gardening and what it could mean for Singapore and the rest of the world.