Gender homework blog

How much has the environment influenced your views on gender and your own expression of gender?

Quite allot, my parents give me quite allot of freedom so it can be hard for me to stay on task. It was quite strict around the house, that influenced some good behaviours and not really a rebellious kind of person.

How important is your gender to your identity? Why?

Important, I do allot of stuff that makes sense for a man to do, and because I am a man I feel I can do these things because a man will do these things, if I were a girl I would do what girls do because then I feel and fit more into the community. Yes because if I became either one then I would do the things that that gender would do, and because of what I do it would also influence my choices very much.

How has it shaped other aspects of your life?

It has helped (determine) make some of the choices that I make, I think that the community demands that if you are of this gender then you do things that your gender will do and that has changed my usual habits, what I think of certain things and how I respond to them.

What has influenced your perspectives about your gender?

Friends, family, I do believe that the people around me have effected me the most (other boys) because you don’t want to feel left out so you try to fit in with the community and so you/I tend to take in there opinions so that they can help me fit in with other groups. Parents have because when your younger you learn from your parents that some things a man tend to do and what things a man would not do.