EE: Initial Reflection (R1)

I met with my supervisor to discuss the direction I would like to lead my EE essay in. I was given my main choices of art and psychology. I intend to explore the relationship between art therapy and the benefits or effects on children with special needs. After researching through the available resources and what information is accessible to me, I plan to go more in-depth within the topic. For example, I could explore how art can be used to improve the learning of children with autism. I have found some sources that are particularly useful to specific topics. Since I am incorporating the psychology aspect of my essay, I find that using studies done by researchers are useful for factual evidence. An example being, when exploring the use of colors in art, how specific colors are more attention-grabbing to children with autism. Overall, I plan on exploring the types of art therapy are available, the aspect of art therapy that I would like to focus and go more into detail on, the effects of it on children, and how that can further impact and improve their quality of learning.