CAS Reflection – Touch Rugby (LO1, LO4 & LO5)

Touch rugby was a fun experience for me. I got to play with girls from different grades and make new friends. I realise that everyone has different skills and therefore we can’t always expect the most. I progressed a lot throughout the season. As I only started playing touch recently, I found to really like it. Although my rugby skills were not as developed, I worked hard in order to do better and to prove to myself that I could be the best version of myself.

I showed involvement by coming to the trainings and staying engaged. I played with a range of different girls which was fun for me as I didn’t know most of the girls before. We played a lot of games in training, which showed me what a real game will look like which I enjoyed because I got to witness things that might happen in future games.

In sports, it’s really important to recognize the benefits of working together in order to maximize the outcome of a game. I demonstrated my part by trying to be as better as I can possibly be by sometimes playing touch with girls in the A team. Although sometimes it’s challenging working collaboratively because I naturally have a competitive side of me, I realise that it’s important to let everyone play and to give everyone a chance.

I really enjoyed the season and I hope to continue my interest in touch rugby sometime in the future by signing up for more activities.