Starting Volleyball Club this year is nothing new for me. Since I joined UWC in grade 9, I have been participating in club volleyball. Since then, I feel like my skills have significantly approved and I have gained more confidence on the court. I want to be able to commit twice a week for 2 hours each consistently.

So far I have never been unmotivated to continue playing volleyball so I don’t see that as a conflict in the future. However, with the new demanding attitude of IB and my prepping for my violin competition in the background, my schedule seems to be filling up really rapidly. I think this will hinder my commitment but one goal I have is continuing to be really open with communication with the coach.

Another goal of mine, continuing on from the season is to improve both skill-wise and as a teammate. I think being a good teammate is key to having a strong team. I would define having a strong team as being understanding, having an environment where making mistakes are comfortable and having open communication. For this to happen, I feel like I should really work on keeping my emotions in check and to be more patient. I think so far I have been improving but I like to see both my team and I give 100% into our playing. Hopefully, I can have a positive impact on the group and achieve this.