My main weakness in the essay was Criterion C: Focus and organization. For this, I should remember not to bring ideas to the conclusion, but rather to explain them in detail in my body paragraphs. For the conclusion, I should go over my main points, step back and evaluate the piece of text in the context of the producer. In this case, the advert produced by the Chevrolet motor company.

Moreover, I should reduce the length of a paragraph to about half a page or a maximum of three-quarters of a page. In the essay, my paragraphs were about a page and a half and sometimes more. In order to ease the process of reading, I should replace dense paragraphs with shorter more concise ones. This is a problem pertaining to criterion C. Another problem with my writing is that it is far too repetitive. My main point is that the advert presents the Chevrolet car as being of high quality and a low price. With this main argument, I formed a very strict structure of 3 body paragraphs, each including different aspects of the text that present this. However, there are many different meanings of the text that I could have argued for. I could’ve considered the male perspective for example, and therefore relate it to the patriarchal society of 1947. These could have been valid points that I never discussed in the text. One reason for a lack of different ideas was the strict structure I had planned for before. For my next essay, I should make it a point to allude to different ideas within paragraphs.