Kahaani Initial + Final Reflection

This is my second year joining Kahaani (an annual charity Indian dance, organised by my service Kolkata GC). Last year was so fun that I decided to join again this year. One thing that I am slightly nervous about for this year’s Kahaani is dancing with people from another grade. Majority of the people in last year’s dance that I was in was in my grade, so I felt very comfortable dancing and having fun with them. However, this year, around half of the people are in my grade and the other half in the grade above. I hope that I will be able to make new friends through this process and also improve my dancing skills.

———————————————————————————————————————————————–

Last night was the Kahaani performance. Despite having one more show compared to previous Kahaani performances, I wish we could do another. We put in so much hard work into the dance, it’s hard to believe that it’s all over. Through the two months we spent working on the dance, perfecting it to become what it was last night, I not only become much closer to the people in my dance (specifically the ones in my grade), but also definitely improved my actual dancing skill. At the start of the season, I found a few steps quite challenging and always had to ask my friends to remind me which foot goes where and which hand does the move. But after a while of practicing and constantly re-watching the videos from our practice, I finally got the moves right (LO4). After I fixed my own moves, I was able to help out other people who needed more help with the moves. This showed the importance of collaboration especially in dances, where it will only look good in the end if everyone is able to execute it well.

LO4- showing perseverance resilience