PSE #1

I am someone who is really shy, at least to the people who don’t really know me. I do view myself as a little crazy but I think everyone is.

I am a caring worker so I like to know that everyone’s feelings have been taken into consideration and that their voices have been heard before a decision is made. I think this could really help me in the field of being fair but most of the times, it’s far too time consuming and self doubting because I’m always afraid that I will hurt someone’s feelings. I do think it’s rather positive as people do view you in a good light.

After doing the EQ test, I realised I had pretty low EQ. Lower than average that is. I’m not really one to have complete control over my emotions so control is one of the characterisations I want to learn because if I’m not able to, it will affect other people negatively. In addition, I want to develop sincerity because it’s important to being a decent person. I’m not really good at recognising and identifying emotions and that might affect my ability to participate in group projects but I will definitely start to work on it.

Grit is being able to have long term determination in the face of challenges. For myself, it varies. I have a spur of motivation when I face challenges in subject matters that are interesting to me personally and therefore have a motivation to push past any barriers. However, when it comes to things I don’t really like or have interest in, I tend to care about it less and consequently have less grit in those matters. I think if I change my mindset in how I view things, I can definitely start to have better grit. For example if I were to write an essay, I could tell myself that it’s expanding my knowledge realm and it’s developing my skill set which will probably help me to motivate to finish the essay.