Saxophone – Initial Reflection

#L0 1 : Increased awareness of strengths and areas for personal growth

Having put in as much effort as possible into overcoming the squeak that I normally made when playing the saxophone, I finally got through it. However, not fully. There are still instances when I make the squeak but it only happens rarely. All I did was practice all the drills that my saxophone teacher taught me e.g breathing, fingering techniques and just learning more music theory . The squeak helped me to realize that I really need to improve my fingering when playing the saxophone. Eliminating this squeak was not an easy thing to do since I was not really sure what caused it.

As such I practiced a lot and worked towards perfecting my techniques which turned out effective in the end. This practicing did not just minimize the squeak but also improved the quality of sound in overall. The major struggle I came across was the lack of time which forced me to employ effective time management strategies. But even so, there was still a lot of school work to do so this meant I practiced less than I usually did as I had to prioritise.