The Characteristics of EI

I think some of the behaviors I demonstrate that emotionally high people have is that:

1) I like to embrace change

• When I am put into a new environment, school, class, even country I embrace that change. For example in grade 8 I was put into a class in which a barely knew anyone, no one was my really close friend, however, I embraced that challenge and made new long-lasting friendships and memories. I also like to embrace change because at every opportunity I like to improve myself and look for new experiences.
  1. I let go of mistakes
  • Whenever I make a mistake on a test I learn from it and let it go
  1. I don’t seek perfection
  • I am actually quite a slob myself, so I have no intention to seek perfection for certain things, however, for other things I do try make them look nicer, neater or make sure its done properly.
  • This is good because I won’t be spending so much time trying to perfect everything and it will allow myself to move onto the next task.
  1. I appreciate what I have
  • I appreciate what I have, I sometimes wish I had other things but I understand that I am quite fortunate myself and that the opportunities I have are more than most people have in their lifetime.
  1. I get enough sleep
  • I understand how much sleep helps the body recover from sports and helps your mind rest so I make sure that I get to bed at a reasonable hour
  • I make sure that I always catch up with sleep if I don’t get enough of it
  1. I don’t hold grudges
  • Whenever I get mad or my friends or teacher, I keep it to myself, however, I let it go. Whatever, I was mad about I try and forget and I try to start new with my friend or teacher.