Emotional intelligence – thoughts and goal setting

https://time.com/3838524/emotional-intelligence-signs/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

Upon looking at these 18 behaviours, I find myself resonating with most of these behaviours. That being said, these behaviours are definitely not areas where I see myself constantly applying, almost rather an on and off. One of these behaviours did catch my attention and it is the idea of not seeking perfection. That may be quite an exaggeration way to put it, but I tend to try and do things in the best of my ability and further to perfect the outcome, which I understand from experience that it can take up a lot of time, and almost certainly, end up in not being able to achieve that outcome. I also tend to get hurt more in my mistakes than the things I achieve even though they may be of the same weight and I guess that is why I have this sort of “perfectionist” habit. As a little goal to myself, as something I have been working on in the past few years, I want to be able to start moving on quicker and not being hung up in trying to perfect the outcome. This may be rather peculiar, but I have been working towards this through one of my subjects, English. Under time conditions, I spend way too much time trying to “perfect” my intro(exposition) that I always almost end up writing too little after the time runs out. Up until now, I have been making efforts to stop this habit of mine and working towards efficiently finishing my intro and restraining myself from being slowed down in an attempt to achieve perfection. This skill is something I would like to start transferring and applying to my daily life.