SEAMC Math Club – Reflection 2 #LO5

In a few weeks, I will be participating in a math competition known as SEAMC(South East Asian Math Competition), also known as WMC(World Math Competition. For the past few months, a group of students in my grade have been training once a week, after school, to adequately prepare for the complexity of this competition, and our work and determination is coming to fruition. Most of the rounds are individual, although, a surprisingly high majority will also be in groups, with a range of individuals both from and not from our school. This will definitely be a test of my collaborative skills, as I will attempt to solve difficult Mathematics problems with individuals that I have not met before. Collaboration skills are necessary for this competition, as they directly allow us to achieve our aim of winning prizes and learning more math. Thus, I have decided that I will need to be more open with others. I tend to stick with the people I know, and sometimes, do not engage with others, which cannot be the case in this competition. I will try my best to collaborate and compromise well with individuals that I might not necessarily know well.