IFP at the first half season

LO6-Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.

When I first joined IFP, I really did not know what to expect but I had ideas that we are going to learn how to run a conference, learn about peace around the world and how to initiate that to people.

These weeks, we are discussing conflicts, we talked about different types of conflict. We also learned how to differentiate the cause of the conflicts, the parties involved, the impact on people from the conflicts and how different people have different approach to solve the conflicts. Moreover, not all conflicts are bad for the individual and society, for instance, conflicts can tell us our mistakes about how we think and how we view something/someone. This will lead to an improvement in the community and a growth in self.

I truly learned a lot of skills through IFP, it teaches me of what I should know and remind me of what I should think about and what I remember as a lot of things we discussed about are happening in real life being stereotypes and discriminations and more. IFP allows students to talk about their opinions and discuss it openly which allow me to have more courage to talk in the group and not scare of making wrong statements as there are no wrong answers in a debate. Moreover, through the discussion, I get to understand people different ideas and perspective which let me be more open-minded and encourage to do more researches on the topic that we talked about. I will use the skills and knowledge that I acquired to make the conference something that can help someone in many ways possible.