NYAA

National Youth Achievement Award

ABOUT NYAA

NYAA aims to support young people’s development through an exciting holistic and balanced non-competitive self-development programme of voluntary leisure time activities, designed to provide our young people with a platform to develop personal qualities and skills to make a difference to themselves, their communities and the world as exceptional individuals.

To complete the award you must fulfil prescribed hours in 3 areas;

Healthy Living, Outdoor Appreciation and Service

Gold Award

Currently Completing 

48++ hrs Healthy Living | 60 hrs Service | 36 hrs Outdoor Appreciation 

Silver Award

Completed from 2018 – 2020

135 hrs Healthy Living | 40 hrs Service | 14 day Expedition

Kenya 2019

Kenya 2019

To what extent has tourism impacted Kenya’s cultural and environmental preservation within the country? Kenya is a country of rich biodiversity and culture however this virtue brings many tourists, eager to experience the beauty of the country. Throughout my recent...

u16 A Basketball

u16 A Basketball

Ever since a young age, I have been intrigued by basketball. This exciting team sport seemed to have everything I look for in a sport. Encompassing aspects ranging from the atmosphere of a game to the required skills or vertigo, control and agility; basketball called...

u16 A Volleyball

u16 A Volleyball

During Season 1 sports I choose to try out for the volleyball team. Volleyball is not a sport that I have done or even thought about training in. I had so many pre-conceptions about volleyball being an easy and very static game. However, after completing a successful...

The SPARTAN Race

The SPARTAN Race

"The toughest, most challenging and tiresome race of my life, but 100% the best experience ever. The SPARTAN Race I took part in, was one of the highlights of my year. The sheer mix of athleticism, courage, confidence and resilience need throughout the 5km race made...