Down Syndrome Day Performance with DSA Service

Our biggest event as a local service was the Down Syndrome Day performance which took place at Tampines Hub. Down Syndrome Day is an opportunity for people with down syndrome to raise awareness and advocate for people down syndrome. As our service is music orientated, we performed two songs in front of a large crowd on the stage at Tampines Hub. The carnival was an incredible event with many different performances, activities and games, all raising awareness and funds for Down Syndrome. Performing at the event was extremely fulfilling as it was an opportunity for me to support an extremely important cause. Furthermore, it was incredible for me to watch the clients I had worked with for so long become more and more confident, to the point where they were willing to perform for complete strangers in a new environment.

The photo above shows us on the stage supporting the Down Syndrome Association at Tampines Hub

LEARNING OUTCOMES: 

LO6: People with down syndrome face exclusion in society and World Down Syndrome day is an excellent way for us to spread awareness about what it is and show society that these people are just like us. The event was amazing and I was very proud of our clients for having the courage to perform on a stage and perform to 100+ people.

LO4: While each session working with the Down Syndrome Association has been great, it was difficult to get the clients to work for three weeks on two songs and perform it well. However, we made it in the end and the final result was incredible.

0 comments