Drama Reflection – thinking back on the year

The Zen Zen Zo workshop was a very interesting class. It was very physical theatre making use of the whole body. We worked with synchronising with sound and time. We learned how to fluently transition from one action to the other while also slowing or speeding our movements. I loved the change of tempo and working with speed. The most fun for me was walking the space with different speeds while also coordinating my movements with the person across from me. It was a worth all the muscle pains I got the next day 🙂 The workshop made me more energetic but also felt like a kind of meditation because of the soothing Japanese music. I think I significantly improved in ensemble awareness, working with physicality and fusing mind, voice and body together in a performance.

ATL SKILLS-

Understanding repertoire

• The ability to bring a character to life based on understanding of the role and its function in the play from which it is taken.

• Understanding of the process of moving from page to stage and contribution to the working process in order to craft and shape the performance.

Devising

• The quality of the individual role that the candidate has devised within the ensemble piece, and the ideas that underpin it.

Acting skills

• The quality of the candidate’s vocal and physical technique and use of the performance space.
  • The ability to pace the performance and vary levels of emotional intensity.
  • The confidence and consistency of the performance. 

IDENTIFY ONE STRENGTH AND ONE AREA OF IMPROVEMENT FROM THE ATLs ABOVE:

STRENGTH:

Express Ideas Verbally

Collaboration

During the process of devising metamorphosis, I contributed a lot when it came to ideas and I supported and encouraged both Sayma and Stuti but the biggest role I played was when i needed to mediate between them and get them to agree on decisions we need to make like using or not using a ladder instead of blocks and the cutting of lines to shorten the performance.

IMPROVEMENT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION NEXT YEAR’S NEEDS:

Manage time and meet deadlines

I think the skill I need to improve on for next year is “set and work towards goals”. I think the area i needed to improve in this performance was learning my lines earlier on instead of the last minute. I think making small goals and working towards them would help me manage my time efficiently and not procrastinate.