Culturama Initial Reflection

LO1-Identifying strengths and develop areas for personal growth.

I’m really grateful to be a part of Culturama this year-I will be representing India! I’m part of the Ghoomar dance, a Rajasthani fast-paced dance form. I’ve been dancing since I was three (competitively and in shows) and I absolutely love it, through this experience I hope to engage in my love for my dance, improve my dance skills and learn more about this dance form. I have previous experience with Rajasthani folk dances which I intend to build on. This time, I will be concentrating on improving my facial expressions.

The audition period was stressful and nerve-wracking. In this dance, we have to spin numerous times, it truly makes us dizzy. We are challenging ourselves, hopefully, our efforts pay off and we are able to put up an excellent performance! We’ve had 3 practices so far, amazingly, we have finished the choreography and we are now working on some formations.

The light plot is coming up soon and I am really excited, can’t wait for the big show. The entire school is hyped, tickets just went on sale yesterday! I love the fact that this event is a celebration of cultures, embracing diversity and for a lot of people; stepping out of your comfort zone, which is what UWC stands for.

Posted in CAS